Do You Live In The Glorious Freedom Of "It Is Finished"?

11/15/2018


I have a problem. Actually, I have many problems, including an addiction to these crackers called "Grooves" that taste like heaven.
But this is a much bigger problem.
In my head, I know that when Jesus said, "It is finished," he really meant it. I know that I should be living in the glorious freedom of those words.
Unfortunately, most of the time I DON'T live like it's finished. I live like there's more to be done. More to be added to the finished work of Christ. More hustle needed on my part.
Instead of experiencing the almost delirious joy that comes with knowing it's finished, I live under a heavy weight of guilt and condemnation.
I, for one, can assure you that this is not a pleasant experience.
So what's the solution? It seems like I really need to dig down into what Jesus meant when he said, "It is finished."
Man...once you start digging, it's hard to stop. It's that good.


Do You Live In The Glorious Freedom Of "It Is Finished"?

Posted by Stephen Altrogge at 12:41 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment