I've Been Tagged

2/02/2008

Okay, so there's this thing in the blog world called "tagging" people with a "meme". Now first of all, I have no idea what a meme is. Does it mean "me me", as in I'm supposed to tell you all about me? I think it must because the point of the "meme" is that I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. So without further ado, here are seven things you should know about me. Buckle your seat belts folks cause this is going to be a wild ride.

Numero Uno (Spanish for number one) - If you look in the Guinness Book of World Records under "The Best Wife Ever" you'll find a picture of my wife Jen. I've been married to Jen since November 4, 2006, and it has been the best year and a half of my life. She is a gift from God to me, and I can't imagine my life without her. If you look under "Cutest Baby Ever" you'll find a picture of my daughter Charis. Charis is almost five months old, and she melts your heart.

Number Two (English for number two) - I like coffee. Well, that's actually a bit of an understatement. I love coffee. I drink coffee because it tastes like a small piece of heaven, and it gives you that extra boost of energy when you need it the most. I believe that a biblical case can be made that coffee is the only thing on earth not affected by the fall.

Letter C - I like video games. Yes, I realize that this makes me sound like a massive dork who wears the same t-shirt for three months and lives with his parents. But that's not true. I change my shirt at least once a week. Here's a shout out to all of you who know what the following words really mean: covenant, spartan, Master Chief, flood. Who's the dork now?

Number 4 - I like to write songs. I've written songs that have been on a variety of Sovereign Grace Music projects, and I recently had the privilege of recording an album with my dad. I've written a few songs that you might recognize, such as "Feliz Navidad", "The Alphabet Song", "Beat It", and "Handel's Messiah".

Fiver - I'm a big sports fan. The Pittsburgh Steelers are my team. We like to wave our "Terrible Towels" and talk about the big game that "we" won, and how "we" are the best. And we don't like Tom Brady...at all.

6. I recently created my first Facebook profile. What does one do with a Facebook profile? I have no idea. I think you're supposed to send messages to your friends like "Hey man, what's up?", and "Hey we should get together sometime." Oh yeah, and you're supposed to always update your status so that people know what you're doing. Any help on this one?

Ocho (That's Spanish for eig...hey wait a minute) - I secretly wish that I was Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings. Or Gandalf. Let's just say that I would be the center of attention at most parties.

Alright, that's enough from me. You now know far more about me than you ever wanted. Visit my Facebook profile and send me a deep, thoughtful, and profound message.

Posted by Stephen Altrogge at 8:00 AM  

10 comments:

OK, we all know the real reason for Facebook - to give me another opportunity to rip you all the way from Maryland. I mean, what else would it be for?

I like the Luke fiver in there, by the way.

Well, the Super Bowl is tomorrow. I just hope the Giants employ that special Blitz package C.J. mentions on his blog. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...
February 2, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

hm...
yeah. meme means "me me" i think.

almost fell asleep...

Anonymous said...
February 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Actually a 'meme' (rhymes with dream) is often a silly but can also be a serious list of things that you answer or share with your readers. (there are all sorts of memes circulating the Blogosphere)

Thanks Stephen for playing along! I learned some new and interesting things about you! :)

It's nice to know that the person behind the Blog is a real person whom God has uniquely created!

I enjoy your Blog! Keep on Blogging and drawing us closer to the blazing center----by sharing His truths and by enjoying a little humor along the way too----since laughter is indeed a gift from Him!

Anonymous said...
February 3, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

I personally think Samwise Gamgee is THE most funny, most wise, and (maybe) the most important of all LoTR folks. But I can understand why such a cool dude as yourself would aspire to the Viggo Mortensen version of Aragorn. Very cool, indeed.

Anonymous said...
February 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Jennifer - I'm glad you enjoy the blog. We like to mix the serious and the laughter here at The Blazing Center. We take God very seriously and ourselves very lightly!

February 4, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

No way is Sam Gamgee cooler than Aragorn or Gandalf. He fights with a frying pan for crying out loud.

Okay, now I'm going to retreat to my dork corner...

February 4, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't "get" facebook. What I DO get is that the equivalent of an entire generation seems to have passed in the 8 years since I graduated college.
Sara

Anonymous said...
February 4, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

stephen.
hi.
remember me?
maybe not.
but still.
i'm your sister.
anyways...
you're becoming more and more weird
the longer i am away...
should i be worried?
is my absence throwing you more into xbox and lord of the ring marathons?
your "puns" are scary and your facebook doesn't make much sense.
except the photo.
wait, that doesn't either.
but i love you.
ok. goodnight.
unlike you, who works with dad everyday, i have to go to my real job tomorrow.
all in love and sarcasm,
beth

Anonymous said...
February 4, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

Beth,

Ever since you went to Philly things have gotten weird around here. You really need to get back here...now.

February 5, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

But Sam is TREMENDOUSLY funny (the books display this much more than the Hollywood-ish movies) and equally as brave as Aragorn. By the way, a Ranger would not step foot into a Starbucks. No way...

Anonymous said...
February 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment