The Science of Christ Crucified

11/03/2007

"I have often said that, before I knew the gospel, I had gathered up a heterogeneous mass of all kinds of knowledge from here, there, and everywhere - a bit of chemistry, a bit of botany, a bit of astronomy, and a bit of this, that, and the other. I put them all together in one great confused chaos, but when I learned the gospel, I got a shelf in my head to put everything upon just where it should be. It seemed to me as if, when I had discovered Christ and Him crucified, I had found the centre of the system, so that I could see every other science revolving in due order...

Begin with any other science you like, and the truth will seem to be all awry. Begin with the science of Christ crucified, and you will begin with the sun, you will see every other science moving round it in complete harmony." - Charles Spurgeon, Autobiography

Isn't it true that the gospel changes our perception of everything? Apart from God, the world is a senseless, confused place, and before conversion, our world revolves around us. But the gospel is the linchpin that holds all other knowledge together. The gospel transforms our minds so that we see God as the center of all things, and all other knowledge in relation to God. How grateful I am for the gospel!

Posted by Stephen Altrogge at 9:54 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment