Childish Prayers

10/20/2007

This quote by Charles Spurgeon is excellent. May we too pray childish prayers.

"When we were small children, we had a little plot of garden-ground, and we put our seeds into it. I well recollect how, the day after I had put in my seed, I went and scraped the soil away to see if it was not growing, as I expected it would have been after a day or so at the very longest, and I thought the time amazingly long before the seed would be able to make it appearance above the ground. 'That was childish,' you say. I know it was, but I wish you were as childish with regard to your prayers, that you would, when you have put them in the ground, go and see if they have sprung up; and if not at once - be not childish in refusing to wait till the appointed time comes - always go back and see if they have begun to sprout. If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith. He will never allow you to think better of Him than He is; He will come up to the mark of your thoughts, and according to your faith so shall it be done unto you."

Posted by Stephen Altrogge at 8:16 AM  

1 comments:

thankyou

Anonymous said...
October 20, 2007 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment