The Permanent Ink of Heaven

10/11/2007

"Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

When God writes someone’s name in heaven he will not erase it – ever.

When we adopted our son, RJ his name was written down on an official document as being my son. Before signing that paper, the judge asked me “Will you love RJ as your son, as much as any of your other children?” Of course I said yes. RJ is my son. His name is recorded, written down in an official court document as my son. I love him as my son. I won’t change my mind, ever. He will share in the inheritance with all my other children. He’ll get five bucks, just like each of my other children.

Having our names written in heaven means that they will never be erased. When we make reservations in hotels, we don’t worry about getting there and not having a room. They have our name written down. It doesn’t matter if we get stuck in traffic and get there late, our name is written down. A room has been reserved for us. I’ve never arrived at a hotel where I’d made a reservation to hear the desk clerk say, “You know, I had your name written down, but then I just decided to delete it.”

Things in heaven are permanent. God doesn’t change his mind. When he writes down our name he doesn’t come back later and rub it out.
Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:15-16
God asks, Can you imagine a nursing mother forgetting her child? A mother has such an intense care for her baby she’d never forget that child. But it’s happened on rare occasions. But God says I will never forget my children, because he has engraved us on the palms of his hands.

When my wife Kristi really needs to remember something she needs to do, she writes it on her hand, because she’ll see it continually through the day. God has ENGRAVED US on his palms – this means he will NEVER FORGET US. We are continually before him. He never stops thinking of us, longing in love for us, not even for a second. What a reason to rejoice!

But what if I sin, what if I stumble and fall and disqualify myself from heaven?
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25
God has written believers’ names in heaven – he will keep us from stumbling and present us blameless before his glory – and he’ll do this with great joy. Glory to our God who has written our names in heaven! Praise him for transforming you to be like Christ.

Posted by Mark Altrogge at 3:44 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment